Two posts back I did a very brief preamble on setting up Information Rights Management for Exchange 2010 SP1. (Ok, I basically pointed you in the general direction of the TechNet documentation.) Let’s take a couple of further looks, going slightly into more detail on the matter. I assume that an IRM infrastructure is already in place, and that you’ve run the Test-IRMConfiguration cmdlet on Exchange with a passing result. If you’ve already have all that in place lets move on.
I do a quick tour of sending an IRM-protected mail through Outlook Web Access, and show what it looks like on a non-compliant ActiveSync client before explaining the short theory behind having it available in Exchange ActiveSync.
While testing SCEP enrollment on the iPhone 3GS I noticed some performance issues I was not aware of. (Hence why I’m typing it down here as well in case some one else was wondering.) You have two options when choosing the length of the key size used in the certificate request – 1024 or 2048. At first I ran with 1024, but as I was cleaning up the code and the profile I upped it to 2048. And when I tried to enroll it seemed like it was timing out or something!
One of the new features that I believe I have mentioned briefly before is the inclusion of Information Rights Management (IRM) in Exchange 2010 Service Pack 1, and more specifically being able to use it with Exchange ActiveSync (EAS). While I am able to do most of my every-day tasks without this feature I’d like to test it out on a mobile device to see how it plays out. Needless to say though – before getting it to work with ActiveSync I need to verify it’s working on a more general level first